Sunday, December 6, 2009

Who remembers . . .?

In no particular order:



1. Burma Shave signs



2. Rumble seats



3. The "Good Humor" man



4. Studebakers and Nash Ramblers



5. "I Remember Mama" (tv)



6. Cloth diapers and safety pins



7. When telephones had party lines



8. "You Asked For It" (tv)



9. Cecil %26amp; Beanie and Crusader Rabbit (tv)



10. Deposits on pop bottles



11. Washboards



12. When washers had wringers



13. The Pike



14. Stereopticons and Victrolas



15. When gas was 20 cents a gallon and coffee a nickel a cup



16. Commercials featuring "the little old lady from Pasadena"



17. Going to drive-in theaters



18. Brew 102



19. Cooking on wood stoves



20. Your very first date



What is YOUR favorite nostalgia?



Who remembers . . .?headache



I am 34 years old and my favorite memory and pretty much my first is when I was around 4 standing up in the seat in the car beside of my dad (no seat belts then) and singing an old Tom T. Hall song I love little baby ducks. The first president I remember is Jimmy Carter and I have taken many 16oz six packs of pepsi to the grocery for refunds when I was little. I also have used a outdoor toliet at my great-grandfathers house. I wish things were that simple now!



Who remembers . . .?paramount theater opera theater



i remember #7
I remember all of them too!
I remember



6



7



10



15



20



cloth nappies i used with all six of my children i,m not sure about nostalgia but i recall them as hard work compared with today's disposable nappies
#s 3,5,6,17,%26amp; 20
I remember some of them.
i don't remeber any of them



i wasn't even born then
number 15, those where the days. And I remember all of them.
Yes, I remember a lot of them.
Hehe...I remember some of that...And I'm only 21...Small-town country girl with an old farm family...Guess that explains it. :)
The Pike? Do you mean the turnpike? And what's Brew 102?



I remember the rest of it. Some was because I needed to use old things, not as a daily use thing.
I remember no 6 vividly:been stabbed so many times by them pins.



But one good thing too:had two younger siblings:made them ,not on purpose,suffer too



Sky
Telephones still have party lines A.K.A loser lines.



16.
whats nostalgia?
I remember almost all of those. Thanks for the walk down memory lane! My nostalgia is that I really miss the drive-in-theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security