Sunday, December 6, 2009

Herpes from a rest room?

Can you get an std from the public toilet? I went to the movie theaters and had to use the bathroom sooo I squatted over the seat but the back of my thigh brushed over the seat. Could I be at risk?



Herpes from a rest room?performing show



It is highly unlikely that you can contract STDs from a public toilet. Most of the bacteria and viruses that cause STDs do not survive on surfaces for very long.



However, you can get some nasty bugs because of inconsiderate jerks that don't wash their hands after using the toilet, usually infectious diarrhea.....



Herpes from a rest room?opera score opera theater



Well that depends, were you alone in the stall?



Sorry, that's a joke from my infectious disease prof. It's pretty unlikely that you could get an std from a toilet seat. Relax.
actually yeah there could be a possibility of that happening.i would think so anyways.
no
Yes
No No, Those germs die really quick they have to live inside your body just like crabs or something like that.. Without the body warmth they can't live and they will die.. I got that from my health teacher Mrs. Evans:D
No. You cannot catch herpes from an inanimate object - the herpes virus is very fragile and only survives a few seconds outside the body.



In all the years they have been studying herpes, there has never ever been a proven case of oral herpes transmission by an inanimate object, nevermind genital herpes transmission through a toilet seat.



Herpes is a virus transmitted by SKIN CONTACT. And that skin can't just be any old skin, it has to be either an open cut in normal skin or mucous membrane. So that covers eyes, nostrils, mouth, and genitals, sometimes nipples. And normally only the more vulnerable, pinky bits of your genitals where the skin is thin. It has to be contact between this area on the infected person and a vulnerable area on you - genitals to genitals, mouth to genitals, etc.



And anyone with genital herpes is only infectious for a small fraction of the time - with hsv-1 about 3% of the time and with hsv-2 about 15% of the time. So even having direct contact, they have to be in this infectious period or you won't catch the virus.



Your chances within a year of several times a week unprotected intercourse, if your partner is not having an outbreak, is only between about 1 and 10% depending on which of the 2 viruses they have.



Think about how you sit on a toilet seat. Now personally I have genital herpes and I get oubreaks on my labia. I can't tell you what positions I would have to manouvre myself into to rub any part of me that is infectious against the seat. And that is if I have a sore at the time! And personally I don't want to do that in a public toilet because I can't help thinking about all that dried up urine on the seat, so I don't often sit. And in theory, so I manage to do some acrobatics and deliberately rub my herpes sore against the seat. Hell, that was hard. And within a few seconds any virus on the seat has died or is undetectable and certainly not going to infect anyone. And even if we deliberately cultured the virus in a lab and put it all over the seat before you came in, your thigh brushing it won't give you genital herpes. The skin is too thick for the virus to penetrate.



You have spent your entire life from childhood using toilets after other women with herpes. One in four women has genital herpes - one in four women you know. Mostly herpes is mild or asymptomatic. It certainly isn't worth the stigma.



And think - 8 or 9 out of ten people have oral herpes, although 9 out of 10 of them aren't aware of it. Do you worry about sharing drinks with them, or letting any man give you oral sex because he might have oral herpes and not know it?



By middle age 95% of people have one of the two herpes simplex viruses.I caught genital herpes in my mid twenties from a partner that got the occasional cold sore, although he didn't have one at the time he gave me oral sex. So I have, like many people, the 'oral' herpes virus hsv-1 genitally. Really it doesn't matter which one you have. The symptoms are identical whichever virus it is and wherever you have it, orally or genitally. We just attach a huge stigma to one location and don't attach it to the other.
NO!! Gee wiz.....you're a bit paranoid aren't you?
i think u can get crabs but thats about it. i don't think u wouldn't get an std from something brushing against your thigh.
NO.
Yes, you can.
no not at all, the bacteria doesnt live on surfaces for more than a few seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security