Sunday, December 6, 2009

What is the best way to get gum out/off of my jacket? (a mom's help would be much appreciated!

I was in the movie theater and i leaned back and, lo and behold, someone was nice enough to leave a little sticky surprise to the back of the seat. Well it got on my jacket (i think its cotton and polyester) So anyways can someone tell me an efficent way to get it off my jacket? Besides washing it...and i want to get all of it off and not have a yucky stain! its my fav jacket =[ please help! thanx



What is the best way to get gum out/off of my jacket? (a mom's help would be much appreciated! =])?amc theatre



Take an ice cube and rub it on it for a while until the gum becomes very hard and then you can just easily scrape it off.



What is the best way to get gum out/off of my jacket? (a mom's help would be much appreciated! =])?symphony opera theater



Freezing it with ice and then a delicate wash cycle should get it all out...
have you tried to ice it off? Apply ice to it and once it's hard, you can scratch/pick it off. keep icing it till it's gone.
Normally you freeze the gum and scarpe it off asnd then spray with a good spary such as spray and wash later on to get the gum residue off that vclings to the fibers wash seprately and examine the gummy areas and refreeze if nessessary to get off residue . This is the safest way with no toxic fumes to deal with Another waqy is more messy but workson gum even gum in hair . use plain non cruchy peanut butter , the oils relase the gum hold and it slips off. But on a material you may get an oil stain if you want the extra work . again sparay and wash in final wash to get out residue and do not machine dry till you know the gum is allout as it will dry in and set as a stain
Actually- I'd try putting the whole jacket in the freezer for a few hours and then, hopefully, you'll be able to peel the gum off.
Like someone said. Put it in the freezer.



This pops it off and you don't have the water from a melting cube.
If you have any of the canned air that is used for blowing dust off sensitive items, you can invert the can and spray that onto the gum. It will freeze the gum much faster and more thoroughly than using ice. I've had gum on various articles of clothing, including my tux pants that I needed to wear within 10 minutes of discovering the gum, and with the spray air I didn't have to worry about getting peanut butter out or waiting for all the water to dry. As with the other methods that involve freezing all you need to do is scrape it off, I prefer a spoon for this, after it is completely frozen.
im not a mom but if all else failes this works for me take some sugar and wet it down over the gum and the gum will soften to the point it will wash away

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security