Sunday, December 6, 2009

The 2000's suck. do you agree? READ before answering?

Bad Things:



1. Radio stations (no more '60s music on the radio)



2. TV (Too many reality shows)



3. Rap music (what's the big deal?! Rock 'n' roll is king)



4. Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton... (All out for publicity)



5. School Shootings



6. Remakes of movies (that's all you will see in the theaters)



7. Iraq War



8. Mexicans take over the U.S.



9. High Gas Prices



10. The cost of living goes up



11. Dollar stores everywhere!



12. MTV is dead (no more music videos. more reality shows)



13. No more classic TV shows on TV (shows from the '50s, '60s, and '70s)



14. Gay Marriage (Gay people should be put in mental institutions. Just my opinion. I see Homosexuality as a mental illness. )



Good Things:



1. Technology (cell phones, Internet, etc)



2. Cars - air bags and seat belts (cars from the '60s had none of that stuff)



3. More cures for diseases and illnesses (we had none of that stuff 40 years ago)



It's hard to think about the good things.



The 2000's suck. do you agree? READ before answering?sheet music



here's a star for you.



EDIT: What's with all the thumbs down? I gave him a star in an attempt to make him feel better. I don't necessarily agree with his opinion.



The 2000's suck. do you agree? READ before answering?state theatre opera theater



I was with you until #8. You also lost me big time on #14, and #3 in "Good Things". I can't think of anything that's been cured in a LONG time. Treatments get better, sure... but cures? They don't do that anymore. There's no money in cures.



I'm not even going to touch #8 and #14 with a 10' pole.
yes the 2000s suck i hate TV there is nothing good on anymore and the rap music really sucks the only thing good that i see is the new ford mustang now that's sweet . we will always have classic music stations but i miss MTV to. I'm glad you posted this question i hate the way our country is turning out to.
Ehh, I don't agree with your whole entire laundry list, but in general I'd say you are correct.



What it boils down to, I think, is that we've spent the past 20-30 years or so, really letting our Media and our Politicians *attack* people for having any sense or intelligence, and *attack* people for caring about our society's problems and poor people....



And now we wonder *why* we have a culture based on greed, stupidity, and not a whole lot else. -_-



And yes, it is hard to think about the good things....but at least you are on the right track and can *understand* the concept of mental illness--that the brain's an organ of the body, and can get sick like any other--which puts you maybe a step ahead of your average bible-thumping nutter.



Maybe. But hey, what do I know? -_-



Thanks for your time.
Gay Marriage isn't legal in the 2000's, and your inability to accept people for who they are is a mental illness in itself, so maybe its you that needs to be put in a mental institution. How dare you insult human beings like that, You are an embarrassment to the human population.
Let me add some stuff.



Cartoons S-U-C-K! Disney and Nick are pathetic now. No more Doug, Hey Arnold, Disney Afternoon etc.



Rap has become abysmal. What happened to people with TALENT like A Tribe Called Quest, Eric B and Rakim, Gang Starr, Public Enemy, ETC.



America has become obsessed with stupid shows like American Idol and other reality crap. There is a freaking Fox Reality Channel. Almost all comedies nowadays just cannot compare to stuff like Seinfeld. Also, african american tv shows have gone down the drain. We miss you Fresh Prince!



No more Michael Jordan.



All of Disney's new movies are pathetic. What happened to stuff like the Fox and the Hound, Toy Story, etc.



And YES, MTV is DEAD. Wow what teenage girls did to an incredible TV station.



Though this only happened last year, Monday Night Football is no longer on ABC.



The Simpsons episodes were classic.



All people can do is whine about the war, and gay rights etc.



It is clear that the 20th century reigns supreme.



The only good stuff to come out of the 2000's is technology and HDTV.
yeah, it has been a terrible time. just try to think positive. if we do nothing but think about the negative then i dont know what we will do when the 2010's come around. i shudder to think if the world doesn't change. good luck.
yah but stuff just as bad has happened in the past. the great depression, world war I, world war II, there have been other school shootings, oil rationing, plus a lot more. but i have to agree about the MTV is dead thing. MTV sucks.
you forgot number 15 on the bad list.



-you clogging up yahoo with homophobic, racist lists.
Some things in our world today suck but I don't think the entire 2000's suck because of it.
you are so dang correct exept for the first one. In seattle we get some stations that play the 60's. Another thing with the gay thing you hit dead on.
You whine too much
Yeah, BUT there is thing to counter those bad things...I have all my music on CD so I dont have to listen to new crappy music, I dont watch reality tv, I do watch AMC and TV Land, I love dollar stores for some stuff, and I'm not gay so I dont worry about gay marriage, it doesn't concern me. The other things I cant control I just deal with. Every generation had their crap too. We dont build bomb shelters or worry about the russians, do we? Polio is nearly eradicated. Its all in how you look at it. Just dont procreate if it sucks for you now. Try a classic rock station, and look up the Bath Michigan school shootings from the maybe 1920's? it still has the record for worst school shooting in history.
Even though so much has happened and much is not so good...It all is what you make of it in your life. I agree that many bad things have happened but every decade has it downfalls....just find the brighter side of things.
yea but u looked at the glass as half empty
Society is basically going downhill. And we can only watch in terror.
WOW, you have some serious issues!!!!!!!!



8. Mexicans take over the U.S.



14. Gay Marriage (Gay people should be put in mental institutions. Just my opinion. I see Homosexuality as a mental illness. )
errrr.... i have nothing against gay marriage....i don't think it's their fault but lezbos should stay away from me cause i'm gonna kill them if they come close (bad experience with one hitting on me...i like guys)



but you are right....tv and radio died, but the internet developed... you can find anything you want here. and podcasts are better than any tv show you may find...some i mean.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!



So why don't you just check out. And let the rest of us make the best of what there is.



Dollar stores is a bad thing, how?
um ook lol cry me a river build a bridge and get over it already
I'll have to tell you, you've got it all wrong. grow up and move on. most of these things aren't bad, you exaggerate, you have an ignorant opinion, and the whole Britney Spears/ Lohan/ Hilton thing is nobody's business. i don't personally like them but its their lives, leave them alone! I'm sorry to say i cant wait until all people like you are six feet under.



you really want to know whats bad about present day? our government is so corrupt and full of sell-outs, we're hardly living in a democracy.



BTW: homosexuals are people just like you and I and homosexuality has been around since BC, its nothing new. you make me sick.
I agree! I mean now they show George Lopez on Nick at Nite! That show isn't even that old, it's from the 2000's! I know it got canceled, but still, I think it shouldn't be on Nick at Nite. I miss the 90's, when i could see the old shows on Nick at Nite, and i'm 17 now! You're right about MTV being dead, what happened to the music videos? Also about rap music, I hate it, and that's one of the reasons I couldn't stand watching the MTV VMA's!



You had me there until the mexicans taking over the US thing, no they're not! Also about the gay marriage thing, if people wanna be gay that's their business.
i have to agree with the number 12. but you have to remember that change is a constant thing.
I don't think everything on your list of bad things is bad. There's also a lot more good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security